Friday, May 19, 2006

i am going to be happier

i have realised something. for the past 13 years i have been living my life waiting; waiting for someone to make my choices for me, basically live my life for me.
in the last month i have taken control of my life, i have changed the way i see things. i have tried to make my life happier by changing myself. actually doing something myself, for my life. i have changed. for the better, i have been told. i don't care what people think of me as much. life and luck is what you make it. don't wait like i did, don't watch your life pass without living it. don't take a back seat. no day is the same.
people always used to say to me, you are unique. i never got it until now. i have a one of a kind personality, there is no one like me, there never was, isn't and never will be. so if this is true, why am i not showing and sharing my personality with people. why am i letting myself be wasted???? if i am one of a kind, i need to live my life to the full because otherwise it will never be lived, because there won't be another like me. i wouldn't want to waste myself and my personality.
i must sound big headed, i swear i am not trying to be. you are the same as me. why waste you? you are special. why waste your personality? it is one of a kind, don't let people not see it. everyone you touch changes the course of the entire world. i was with my friend, Bex, and i realised that if i hadn't sat next to her ina french class i wouldn't be as good friends with her. i wouldn't have known her that well. so her life, her family's life, my friends life, my family's life. the school, the teachers, the work. everything we do together or say would never have happened or ever been said. i would have a different life.
i read a poem the other day, and i realised the delicacy of life, and however you touch life, however small it changes the course of the world.



POEM
She smiled at a sorrowful stranger,
The smile seemed to make him feel better.
he remembered the past kindness of a friend,
and wrote him a thank you letter.
The friend was so pleased with the thank you
that he left a large tip after lunch.
The waitress, suprised by the size of the tip,
bet the whole thing on a hunch.
The next day she picked up her winnings,
and gave part to the man on the street.
the man on the street was grateful;
for two days he'd had nothing to eat.
after he finished his dinner,
he left for his small dingy room.
(He didn't know at the moment
that he might be facing his doom.)
on the way he picked up a shivering puppy
and took it home to get warm.
the puppy was very grateful
to be out of the storm.
that night the house caught on fire.
The puppy barked the alarm.
he barked til he woke the whole household
and saved everyone from harm.
one of the boys he rescued
grew up to be President.
All because of a simple smile
that hadn't cost a cent. (Barbara Hauck, 13)

So next time you feel like doing smething, or you are thinking that you are irrelevant, remember you are not. everyone makes a difference. even if you may not be a direct cause or know what you have done.

Love like you' ve never been hurt,
Work like you don't need the money,
Sing like nobody's listening,
Dance like nobody's watching.

No comments: